Free Commercial Property
The Village of Union, a municipal corporation located within Cass County, Nebraska, is requesting solicitations from individuals and corporations to receive free commercial property located within the Village of Union, with such property having a legal description of: South Union Lots 5, 6, 7 & East 4’6 Lot 8, Block 2, in Union, Cass County, Nebraska, with a lot size of 72’ x 135’. This property is located on Main Street which is located on Highway 34 and just off the intersection of Highway 75.
To be eligible to receive this free commercial property, the individual or corporation must send a solicitation to the following address postmarked by April 1, 2012: Village of Union, Att: Village Clerk, P.O. Box 127, Union, NE 68455. To receive this free property, the person/entity must agree to do the following:
(1) Remove and/or demolish the current structures on the premises or refurbish the current structure, to include the south retaining wall, no later than October 1, 2012.
(2) Place a commercial structure on the property no later than September 1, 2013.
The solicitation must, at a minimum, contain the following:
(1) The name, address, and phone numbers of the individual or entity submitting the solicitation, to include a description of the individual’s/entity’s current and past business ventures.
(2) A detailed description of person’s/entity’s plans for such commercial property.
(3) A letter of credit from a bank or lending institution that demonstrates the individual’s or entity’s ability to receive financing to demolish the current site structures and place a commercial structure on the property by September 1, 2013.
The Village Board of Trustees will create a committee to review the solicitations. A decision will then be made by the Village Board of Trustee by May 1, 2012 to choose which solicitations, if any, is in the best interest of the Village.
The Village will provide the individual or entity who is awarded the property the following by June 1, 2012:
(1) A general conveyance deed with right of reverter to Village if commercial property is not constructed by September 1, 2013; and
(2) Free sewer and water hookup.